The AICC recently published a statistical survey report about the citizens of Arab countries who are currently resident in Ireland. The report is based on data received from the Central Statistics Office in Ireland and is based on the National Census taken on 10 April 2011.
Some key findings from the report:
- There were 9,455 Arab nationals resident in Ireland on census night, representing 1.74% of all non nationals in Ireland at that time.
- The Arab countries with more than 1,000 of their citizens living in Ireland were Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Saudi Arabia and Sudan.
- Over half of the Arabs in Ireland live in Dublin, with Cork and Galway as two other locations of preference.
- Between 2002 and 2011 the Arab population in Ireland increased by 128.8%.
- More that two thirds of the Arabs living in Ireland are under the age of 35, and 90% are under 45.
- Of the total, 49% are single and 46% are married, with the remainder either widowed or divorced.
Read more about these interesting fact an figures in the report: Arab Nationals Resident in Ireland - a statistical profile.